Sunday, September 17, 2006

sleepless and undone

just the other day i read someone saying that i sleep a lot. oh, how i wish that were true, especially now.

starting yesterday in the morning at 6 am till this morning at 7 am, at the umpth attempt, i managed to sleep an interrupted hour and a half,
with my head on my desk. i got some six hours of sleep this morning finally... am just about floating now, but it'd take more than that to keep me going. especially seeing that i had probably slept around four hours on the night before.

so, what did i do? yep, it was shift change, of course. so yesterday i got the 7-15 shift. my colleague had some trouble, phoned he'd be in
late, so i got out from work at 15:30. went for some last minute birthday shopping then - i still haven't found the precise thing i wanted, but it was cute enough to pass my cuteness test ;) i got home at 16:30, ate a little bit of something, washed my hair and headed for a board meeting of the doggie association. we have a major event in mid-october that requires careful planning and then, of course, organisation. of course i was late for the meeting *blush*, but by the time i got there, i could've already used some sleep.

i left at around 19:30, caught a bus back home, showered, changed and left for the next thing. at a couple of minuntes to 20:00 i arrived at the me
eting with the girls. a good friend of mine is getting married next weekend and this was going to be her errr.... what's the equivalent of a stag party for a girl? (sorry, i still can't think straight. i can't think gay, either. i can barely write, let alone think... but i won't let that get in the way of the blog ;) - when have i ever? had i thought just a little, i wouldn't have posted what i did).

so, when we finally arrived at the location, we were six
girls and two future mother-in-laws - yeah, they came along too and they were really cool - and the future bride. i've been saying i won't get married since i was twelve, for half of my life... i am holding that opinion up and yesterday only went to prove that i made wise decisions with 12. there is no way i am going to go through something like that. that being a one man show of strip and lapdance for the future bride. well, she missed half of it, since she was blindfolded - all the more fun for us, until the guy had the brilliant idea of moving on to the next girl... well, he only had two other 'victims' (i can tell that one of them definitely enjoyed it), since the rest of us 'fled' to 'safety' - that is, behind the couch. the two moms had the greatest time of all, i think =)) i made the mistake of saying out loud to the bride that i'm glad i wasn't in her place... i think i'm going to spend my birthdays alone from now on, cause i definitely didn't like the hints she and her mum dropped...

we were supposed to change location at 23:00, i skipped what followed 'cause, yep, that's right: night shift. i went straight to work - actually one of the mums dropped me off there. by 2:00 a.m. i could've used matchsticks to hold up my eye-lids. by 3:00 a.m. everyone on messenger had gone to sleep and i was developing a slight headache from lack of sleep... around 4:40 a.m. i finally managed to nap with my head on my desk, must've slept around an hour or so and then i kept nicking in till around 6:30.


then i got a sms from my shift relief, so i called him. he had had a long night himself, said he'd be late about half an hour and that i should just forward all calls to him and go home. i didn't even attempt to protest. it took me quite some minutes to steady myself on my feet, i opened the window wide to catch some fresh air and washed my face. i walked home when i was confident enough that my feet would carry me. i had forgotten the darn mp3player at home, so i had no music in my ears to keep me awake.

i slept like a log from 7 a.m. till around 13:00-14:00. just enough to recharge my batteries, but a far cry from what i'd really need.
am at work now since 15:00 (the third shift in a row with only 8 hours in between). in order not to fall asleep i'm listening to coming undone in a constant loop, the korn song i mentioned before. serves this purpose well, as well as to anger release. if i had audioscrobbler at work, it would easily climb in the top5 of most listened songs :)

ps: am posting this later from home, since it's a mess with image attachment from work.

No comments: