Tuesday, September 12, 2006

post-secret

remember this?
i still resent taking my insides out in public. there are certainly things that will never make it into a blog. if i am to write them, i'll write them on a paper and burn it afterwards. or send them to postsecret.

well... i thought i remembered writing one of the things down sometime this past year. my innermost insides, so to say, but i wasn't sure whether i had really
done it, or just thought about it. it's 2:20 a.m. and i am still rummaging through the mess in my room (making progress, too). and... well, i found it. i had really written in onto a little piece of paper.

god knows where it has been all this time.
it is still accurate and valid. and holding the paper in my hands, i remember that i considered sending it to postsecret. i was holding it, reading it, acknowledging its truth and... i decided that it was to only see the light of day once, and it had already overstreched its time.

so tonight, i did the other thing: i burned it.

1 comment:

shadowcast said...

Mine ended up in post secret about one year ago...because I am... as an old friend of mine said...not only not resenting taking my insides out in public...but wishing all the attention I can get...I smile to her now, the little things which people tend to believe about one another...will tend to be the bigger things that remain from one another. Thank you pussycat for reminding me to check on my post secret :)the love i have for you and for our 4 girls-band was and it will still be my secret...do you remember us as well?